Monday, February 9, 2015

Lemon Puffs


Lemon Puffs

Hello again from snowy Rhode Island. After having 2 feet dumped upon us last week, we are in the middle of another storm that is dumping another foot on us today. I think we are going to run out of places to put it! Good thing I'm a snow lover!

Lemon again, I know. I can't help it. I am lemon addicted and what is really funny about it is, I never liked lemon before. Up until a few years ago and I would turn my nose up at anything lemon or lemon flavored. Crazy right? Now I'm churning out lemon treats like there's no tomorrow!

I also have a fantastic lemon Bundt cake coming up. Oh man is it good, but for now I'm bringing you this little puffy delights.

I used Stevia when I made these so they were sugar free for me....sans the tablespoon of real sugar on top, but they were still delicious!

It only take a few minutes to throw these babies together too!

Lemon Puffs. 1jpg


Lemon Puffs
Printable Recipe
Adapted from a recipe at Allrecipes.com
2 – 8 ounce packages of refrigerated crescent roll dough (such as Pillsbury® Recipe Creations®), divided
2 lemons, zested and juice, divided
2 – 8 ounce packages cream cheese softened
½ cup sugar
2 table spoons butter, melted.
1 tablespoon sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.

Press 1 can crescent roll dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, stretching to the edges. Mix the zest of 1 1/2 lemons and juice from 2 lemons together in a bowl. Beat cream cheese and the sugar into the lemon zest mixture using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy; spread over crescent roll dough layer. Unroll the second can of crescent roll dough and place over cream cheese mixture, gently stretching dough to the edges. Brush melted butter over crescent roll dough layer and sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
.
Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes. Lift dessert from baking dish using foil; transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Store any leftovers in fridge.

No comments: