Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Maple Mustard Chicken

Maple Mustard Chicken


I must confess that I had to re-name this recipe.

This was all over Pinterest. It was called Man Pleasing Chicken.

Doesn't that sound kinda dirty and chavonistic all at the same time?

So only the men are supposed to eat this and enjoy it? Let's not even get into the man pleasing part. There were plenty of dirty comments about that on Facebook!


Maple Mustard Chicken 1

With just 4 ingredients this was a snap to whip up.

The combination of these ingredients gave the chicken a really tangy taste and the fact that it made it's own sauce was pretty cool too.

The next time I make this, I'll cut back on the mustard just a bit. We are not a mustard lovin' family. Don't get me wrong, it's not like it made the whole dish taste mustardy. The odd combination of flavors really did work somehow.

I doubled this recipe and served it over rice. My friend Melissa also made it and served it with brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. Both will work!

Maple Mustard Chicken
From Witty in the City
1 ½ pounds chicken thighs
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or cider)

Oven to 450. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.

Put a 1.5 pound package of chicken thighs into an oven-proof baking dish. Salt and pepper the thighs. Pour your maple mustard mixture over them, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated.

Bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 155ºF. (I just knew by looking at mine that they were done, but you can use a thermometer). Baste the tops of the chicken with more sauce half way through.

Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Plate the chicken, making sure to spoon some extra sauce over the top.

12 comments:

Becki's Whole Life said...

I agree - like your name much better...Plus why is this man pleasing in particular? Anyways - like the mix of the tangy and sweet sauce for the chicken and I really like that it creates some extra sauce to pour over your rice.

Melissa said...

Yeah. Forget that name. Bleh. But the dish was quite good! I will definitely make it again.

Elizabeth said...

This chicken looks SO delicious!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, but the flavor combo of maple and mustard isn't too out there if you think about it.

Honey mustard dipping sauce, anybody? Mmmm...

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

We are a mustard loving' family. This is a must try :)

Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook said...

Looks delicious whatever it's called. But your name is better! I love the combination of mustard and maple syrup!

Renée said...

This sounds divine and I like your expressive name much better!

Shirley said...

I think the original name is funny, but yours tells me what the dish actually is. And it looks good!

Anonymous said...

I've made a similar maple mustard glaze on grilled salmon...I'll try it with chicken. You've gotta try it on the salmon!

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

This sounds delicious and I love chicken thighs! Your name for the dish does sound much better :) Thank you so much for your kind visit!

Katie said...

This looks awesome--who knew just a few ingredients to make such a tantalizing piece of chicken! Must try asap!

kat said...

I'm so happy someone I know made this - I bought all of the ingredients for it weeks ago (when I pinned it because it sounded so good, LOL), but I haven't had it yet. Yay!