Monday, December 5, 2011

Cinnamon Honey Butter

Cinnamon Honey Butter3

Happy Monday all. Yes it's the start of another busy week.

My head is churning (ha a butter pun!) with menus and recipes and idea for Christmas Eve dinner. I've pretty much had my menu planned for awhile now, but I keep coming across great recipes in my cooking magazines and they some how get added to the menu so it's still somewhat of a work in progress.  In the mean time life still goes on and I still have 3 hungry guys to feed each week and feeding them does include breakfast. No I'm not getting up and making bacon and eggs, but I do like them to start the day off with something in their bellies. For the kids that usually means cereal, bagels, waffles or toast. I love toast.

Are you a toast lover like me?

I'll eat just about any kind of bread toasted, although I'm not a huge fan of pumpernickel or rye. Just about all other kinds will do.

I love jam on toast, plain butter, jellies, and of course cinnamon sugar. Trader Joe's Fig Butter is one of my absolute my favorite things to slather on bread, but this comes in a close second.

Evan was cinnamon toast addicted as a toddler. I can't even estimate how many slices I made for him growing up. I'm sure I hit the thousands at least.

Cinnamon Honey Butter1


Why didn't I think to do this sooner?

I searched the web for cinnamon sugar butter recipes and I did find a few, but in the end, I experimented and mixed up a batch with the right balance for us. I used honey instead of sugar. I couldn't imagine the gritty sugar mixing in with the butter.

This was the perfect combination and just the right amount.


Cinnamon Honey Butter
1 cup butter
1/2 c honey
1 teaspoon cinnamon


You can keep this in the fridge but you'll need to take it out about a half our before you want to use it to make it spreadable.

9 comments:

Becki's Whole Life said...

I have some of TJ's fig jam, too - love it. We also have some of their cinnamon roll bread in the freezer. That is my daughter's favorite. This is such a great idea...I can't tell you how many mornings I have done the butter/sugar/cinnamon topping. My only concern with this is that I would eat it all:-)

Amy said...

Ah yes, one of my favorite ways to eat toast. My other is ricotta and jam. Mmmm. Now I want toast!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

I pinned this at
http://pinterest.com/pin/687255724/
so I'll remember to try it!

I didn't know TJ's had fig jam. Now, it's on our list.

Unknown said...

I love toast too, I usually eat it with butter and a smidge of PB. Love this recipe.

Unknown said...

I have made this it's wonderful!! Hope all us well.
Susan

Anonymous said...

your pictures are all so beautiful. my kids love cinnamon toast - i should make this :)

your tea question - the Twinings Chai is fine. I drink it without honey or milk. If you love what you are having - I'd stick with it.

Jennifer said...

i think i could live on toast some days. just the smell of it and the taste, and melted butter. mmm.

i never thought to do this. i forget about the sugar/cinnamon thing until one of the girls reminds me.

Magic of Spice said...

I adore flavored butters and this is such a lovely idea for the Season :)

Nazareth Secret said...

I am so excited to find all these recipes with honey! I'm going to try them all! Thank you!