Saturday, September 5, 2009

Frugal Floral Arrangements

$4 Arrangement CU1

I'm one of those girlie girls who likes to have
flowers around the house all the time.

I'm also one of those girls who doesn't
like spending a buncha moolah on flowers.

My solution?

I buy one big bunch of grocery store flowers and arrange
them along with anything pretty growing in my yard.

$4 Arrangement CU

I picked up the purple daises for $4 at my local grocery store,
grabbed my garden sheers and went hunting in the back yard.

I gathered up some lavender, some little yellow daisies, a few fronds from my ferns and even a couple of sprigs of sedum. I grabbed two old mason jars from the garage and 5 minutes later I had two centerpieces for my patio tables.

$4 Arrangements

Two centerpieces for $2 each.

To quote Adam Sandler: "Not to shabby".

We're partying, cooking out, relaxing and
enjoying time with family and friends.

I was in the kitchen all day yesterday cooking up some
yummy stuff to fill our bellies.

John set up the badminton net last night and we have
the horseshoes and bocce ball set ready to go.

I hope you're doing what you love.


Enjoy your long weekend!

Back in a few days with some more yummy recipes.

3 comments:

GarlicBOSS said...

You work magic

Vanessa said...

I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!! What a great idea to fluff up a grocery bouquet :D

lbc flower delivery said...

Lovely flowers! Wish I can add them in my garden. Thanks for sharing.

-yumi-